The Candidate and Job Role:
We place our values at the heart of what we do: Open, Dedicated, Generous and Collaborative and any successful candidate will need to align with these internal and external facing values. As a member owned not-for-profit public buying organisation we are committed to supporting our members to effectively manage their energy estate assets from the perspective of cost, consumption and carbon.
This exciting new role will see you taking responsibility for the identification and development of strategic support opportunities for major and repeatable carbon reduction initiatives with TEC members. This will enable you to both establish and inform trends which may impact on, or form part of the strategic planning for services based around energy efficiency and carbon reduction projects and wider initiatives as part of the pursuit of local, national and international carbon reduction policies and directives.
This is a hands on role where the successful candidate will be instrumental in developing future service offerings which are complimentary to our core services and supports the aim of net-zero carbon estates within our Membership.
- Support the Managing Director and Head of Member Services, presenting a client facing function to develop Members energy and carbon risk management approach.
- Provide strategic advice relating to energy, carbon and utilities management. This will be in the form of hosting webinars, site visits, procurement templates including evaluation criteria for works and services.
- Identify opportunities and develop services that would benefit and are in demand from Members. This would include consolidation and promotion of TEC framework services reflective of Member needs, site audits and ISO50001 advice.
- Develop and deliver opportunities for TEC members to network and share information around specific initiatives and broader policy response, sharing best practise and offering access to a proven and trusted supplier base (design, consultancy and hardware solutions).
- Advocate the principles of good data management within the organisation and acts as liaison between the business and our external suppliers to facilitate any process changes required to support this.
- Utilise and interrogate available data sources as a means of both identifying energy and carbon reduction opportunities and to demonstrate successful impact of the initiative post implementation.
- Research and keep up to date with energy saving and carbon reduction technology, utilising where possible academic research outputs from TEC Member institutions and beyond.
- Support the membership with development of business cases for energy efficiency and/or carbon reduction initiatives and projects, including developing and introducing tools for desktop simulation and testing ahead of approval by institutions.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to Degree Level, ideally in an energy, environmental or engineering based subject.
- Highly PC Literate – proficiency in various IT including MS Office, with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Visual Basic.
- Detailed knowledge of energy and environmental standards.
- Articulate and numerate.
- Highly competent presenter, able to convey often complex technical information to a wide audience.
- Organisational and prioritising skills.
- Reliable self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the energy industry, including data structures and hierarchy.
- Client facing experience, often with highly competent “technical stakeholders”.
What’s on offer?
- Salary for this role would depend upon experience but would be between £44,000 – £55,000
- A generous holiday allowance of 30 days paid annual leave
- Mobile and/or Office based, with generous car allowance
- Attractive Contributory Pension Scheme after qualifying period
Please submit your CV and supporting letter of application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27th November 2019.