Digital Marketing & Events Co-ordinator (12 Month Maternity Fixed Term Cover)
The Energy Consortium (TEC) is a not-for-profit organisation delivering procurement and managed services around a range of energy-based frameworks to a public sector membership, predominantly in the higher education sector. This role is a 12-month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Based at our modern offices at Longbridge, this is an opportunity to join a highly professional team delivering energy procurement solutions which champion the interests of the education sector by delivering cost-reduction and sustainable energy solutions for our members.
This role is critical to the continued success of TEC in raising awareness of the market leading work we do with our Members and our longer-term strategic communications strategy.
The role calls for the successful candidate to provide full-service events co-ordination and co-ordinate the delivery of TEC’s annual conference and regional workshops and any other events which TEC may want to arrange as part of an overall marketing and business plan.
The candidate will also manage two social channels (LinkedIn and Twitter) as well as the events and news section on the website.
Duties and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging, but the key duties are:
- To schedule, co-ordinate and administer TEC’s events within the website environment, using a range of tools to manage budgets, attendance and stakeholder support of all events which TEC either provides to a member or wider audience and other external events which TEC might support.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of TEC’s annual conference and regional workshops and any other events which TEC may want to arrange as part of an overall marketing and business plan.
- To manage the process for application and proposals for external events. To represent the consortium at outside events (attend most or all) to support messaging to suit the appropriate audience e.g. (EAUC, COUP, AUDE, UPCs)
- Provide support to the production (internal and external) of promotional materials to maintain consistency in the corporate identity. This involves quality control of all materials bearing the TEC logo.
- Support the events programme within an annual marketing communication / activity plan. This should detail the year’s activity to meet the company’s objectives as well as delivery of key messages, including newsletters and mailshots.
- Support the maintenance of data and information, including updating comprehensive contact databases for use to target event attendance.
- Manage two digital channels (LinkedIn and Twitter), including the appropriate scheduling, sourcing and creation of content.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in an events role with responsibility for the delivery of successful events
- Experience in producing branded emails, social media content
- Good at building relationships and working collaboratively
- Extremely organised with very strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage your workload effectively
- A great writer with strong communication skills
- An understanding of how to use data analysis to report on and inform social media marketing campaigns
As a result, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to manage relationships at many levels both internally and externally.
Salary for this role would depend upon experience but would be between £26,000 – £29,000. In addition, there is a very generous holiday allowance of 30 days paid annual leave. Please submit your CV and supporting letter of application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8th November 2019.